Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Atlantis's Space Shuttle Launch News and Wallpapers

space shuttle launch
The Atlantis Space Shuttle launch may not happen on the planned time of 11:26 a.m. ET July 8 due to the weather.

A wave of tropical storms heading toward Kennedy Space Center threatens to delay the last launch of NASA's space shuttle program. A tropical storm system moving north from the Caribbean is expected to bring rain, clouds and thunder to Florida right around the time of Atlantis's scheduled liftoff Friday at 11:26 am (1526 GMT).

"It is not looking favorable right now for launch," said NASA weather officer Kathy Winters, downgrading her forecast to just a 30 percent chance of good conditions for liftoff, compared to 40 percent a day earlier.

The shuttle launch, therefore, has 70 percent chance of canceling on July 8. It has a 60 percent chance of canceling on July 9 and a 40 percent chance of canceling on July 10.

In all, there is a 17 percent chance that it won't launch at all by July 10.

Space Shuttle Wallpaper 1
Space Shuttle Wallpaper 1

Space Shuttle Wallpaper 2
Space Shuttle Wallpaper 2

Space Shuttle Wallpaper 3
Space Shuttle Wallpaper 3

Space Shuttle Wallpaper 4
Space Shuttle Wallpaper 4

Space Shuttle Wallpaper 5
Space Shuttle Wallpaper 6

1 comment:

  1. I like your style of writing. You break it down nicely. Very informative post. Keep up the good work.
    Lenovo Laptops

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...