Actually, I had already written an article about this question, which is suitable for the old version Microsoft PowerPoint. (2 Free and Easy Methods of Adding Youtube Videos into PowerPoint)
Nowadays, Microsoft published the latest version - Microsoft PowerPoint 2013. The same question, the same thinking way, but different details is several steps.
Please read the steps below to add YouTube videos into PowerPoint 2013.
Case 1 Play PowerPoint 2013 WITH Network1. Open your presentation,click the slide that you want to add a YouTube video.
2. Click Insert > Video > Online Video.
- Insert YouTube video by its name
4. Select the video that you want from the search results, and then click Insert.
- Insert YouTube video by its codes
4. Below the video frame, click Share.
5. Click Embed, and then click Use old embed code.
6. Specify the format and size of the video that you want to link to.
7. In PowerPoint, click Insert > Video > Online Video.
8. In the From a Video Embed Code box, paste the embed code, and then click the arrow.
Case 2: Play PowerPoint 2013 WITHOUT NetworkSince there isn't internet connection, the YouTube video won't be played in Case 1. We must download it to your local pc and then add the YouTube video into PowerPoint 2013 as a local video file.
- First, Download Youtube video from Youtube
- Second, Add the downloaded YouTube video into PowerPoint 2013
2. On the Insert tab, in the Media group, click the arrow under Video, and then click Video on My PC.
3. In the Insert Video dialog box, locate and click the video that you want to embed, and then click Insert.