So, what about some differences in conversion we keep caring about?
Actually, Microsoft retains the "powerpoint 2013 to video" function and optimize it. The steps are clearer and easy to follow, the interface is more kindly. Let's follow the steps in Method 1 to see how to save a PowerPoint as a video.
Method 1 Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 built-in function
1. Open the presentation you want to save.
2. Click File > Export > Create a Video. Then, you can see two buttons there, Computer & HD Displays and Don't Use Recorded Timings and Narrations.
3. Under Computer & HD Displays
- Click Computer & HD Displays to create a video with very high quality, yet a large file size.
- Click Internet & DVD to create a video with a moderate file size and medium quality.
- Click Portable Devices to create a video with the smallest file size, yet low quality.
- If you did not record and time voice narration and laser pointer movements, click Don't Use Recorded Timings and Narration.
- If you recorded and timed narration and pointer movements, click Use Recorded Timings and Narrations.
Method 2 Use Professional PowerPoint to Video Converter
Besides the built-in function in Microsoft PowerPoint 2013, choosing a third party professional software will make everything easier. eg. Leawo PowerPoint to Video Converter is a handy tool. Even if you want to burn your slideshow onto a dvd disc, Leawo PowerPoint to DVD Converter will achieve that while it has the same function as Leawo PowerPoint to Video Converter.
- The output video formats in Method 1 include .asf, .avi, .mp4, .m4v, .mov, .mpg or .mpeg, .swf and .wmv.
Moyea PPT to Video Converter supports more:
Common Video: .mp4, .avi, .mov, .rmvb, .flv, .ts, .vob, .mpg, .dat, .wmv, .asf, .mkv, .dv, .dpg, .3gp, .3g2
HD Video:.mp4, .avi, .mov, .ts, .trp, .vob, .mpg, .wmv, .asf
- To burn the presentation to a DVD, you have to do one more step after Method 1(Refer to Burn your presentation to a DVD). But Moyea PPT to DVD Burner Pro will directly complete under your control.